Well I feel as though I have caught everyone up through my first year of my program... Now on to year two, I just completed my first semester. I took Strategy, Sociology of Mental Illness, and Structural Equation Modeling. For many of you, you have been lucky to miss a class such as structural equation modeling, so I have included a picture, of what one looks like. To say that this took a lot of time and a few tears would be an under statement. But I survived, and was able to examine Organizational Culture Orientations and its effect on Identifications in the Organization. I know I know, you are jealous....But that is the stuff I work on, and it is actually really interesting. 
After classes were complete, I made my way home to Oklahoma for Christmas! I had a great Christmas. One thing that is great about going home is everyone always comes home for the holidays!!! It was also great to spend time with Poppy. He wanted Satellite radio for the home for Christmas, and he loves it! He is one of the only 90 year olds I know who would want it, but he is really up to date on all of his electronics and what is the "new" thing to own! We took quite a few pictures over Christmas, because everyone got a camera. Tulsa endured another Snow
storm, so we spend a lot of time on the couch watching movies. Then I rang in the New Year, with some close family friends, they have a 6 year old, a 19 month old, and a 5 month old. It was such a fun night! Instead of getting all dressed up and going out for New Years, I was able to just relax and just have a good time. I came back before school started so I could work on some papers to try to get into the Academy of Management Research Symposium in Montreal, Canada. I co-authored two papers, From Rival Hypothesis to Equifinality: Applying Fuzzy Set Methodology in Leadership research and Strategic Management: Is it an Academic Discipline? I should hear soon if either paper was accepted. This pretty much leads right into this semester, which I will save for another entry...


You might enjoy this blog: www.bretlsimmons.com
ReplyDeleteHe is a professor at the University of Nevada, Reno that teaches the courses you are involved in. I have definitely learned a lot reading him over the last few months.
Thanks for the advice! I am so glad to know someone else is enduring what I am talking about!
ReplyDelete