Experimental Design-Complete a Take home exam for experimental design
-Study in prep for an in class exam over Chapter 1-6 (p. 1-207) with knowledge of how to use SAS code, SPSS, and the hand written formulas. Exam will be 3 hours in length and taken on a computer.
Race and Ethnicity
-Topic: Colorblindness/Anglo Conformity (readings)
- Education Development in the Black Community p.51-57
- The End of Racism p. 163-243
- Race and Culture: A World View p. 111-125
Write a Reaction paper synthesizing common themes throughout the readings
Also, develop a 3-5 page abstract on a theoretical innovative perspective in which I will apply a theory used in class to a given racial issue in the United States.
Organizational Theory
-Topic: Contingency, Configuration, Congruence (readings)
-Here I have 6 journal articles to read and prepare for in class discussion (Approx 150 pages)
Then the next week...
-Topic: Systems Theory, Complexity Theory
-Here I have 6 articles, about the same amount, but I am presenting, with two other Ph.D. students and we will create a handout and lead a 3 hour discussion over the topic. I am fortunate that I have great partners in this, so it will not be to bad...
-Also have a paper due... This is an innovation paper, which is a theoretical paper which allows me to propose an innovative topic in Organizational Theory. I have to have 2-3 novel propositions and a brief and concise explanation of what they are novel and likely to be true.
Finally, I have my research meetings which are conducted on the phone with my research professor, my teaching hours and office hours. So in the next two weeks, I will have 4 lesson preps, since it is a new course, 6 office hours, 3 mandatory meanings... and a partridge and a pear tree!!! But please do not worry, all of the Ph.D. students still had time for a Wine tasting last night and know how to have a good time! Below is a picture of my fellow cohort member (Josh) and I at a friends weddings... Did not have a picture from the wine tasting, but there were some cute one's taken... so hopefully I can show everyone a picture of the first and second years. We have a great group!

-

Wow! That is A LOT of work you have to do! I am happy to hear you still have time to have fun.
ReplyDeleteSo proud of you Tori. It takes stamina to get to the top. YOU GO GIRL!
ReplyDelete