Since my last post, I did get to go home to Tulsa for Spring Break. The first part of the break my mom came to Texas to help me get ready for my move to my new house in May, and the second half I spent in Tulsa. I was super excited about getting to go to Tulsa, but as all my trips, it went by really fast. One huge bonus though was it was my cousin Seth's wedding! Although it snowed on the day of, which of course I would only think to bring home a "summer dress" and 4 inch heels, we had a great time. I got to see a lot of my family on my mom's side that live on the West coast and it was great to have the day and catch up with everyone. We definitely had some adventures that day in the snow, getting everyone some warmer clothes.
.jpg)
Here is a pic of just the beginning of the snow!!
The wedding was great and then I got to meet some fun friends after the wedding for a drink. So all and all it was a great break to school work. Then it was back to work. I have been spending these last few weeks working on a few paper deadlines for some other conferences and getting all my Summer work organized. One thing that they forget to tell you when you get into a Ph.D. program is that half of your time is spent planning and organizing. So I have been getting everything set. I am in my last few weeks of actual course work, so I am super excited about that! I cannot believe I have been in college for eight years! I do recognize that it has been 8 years and three degrees, but after a solid 21 years of school work, I am ready to be done with tests and course work.
Thought I should add a picture of some of the faculty and cohort members which I work with!!
This last week has been a busy and exhausting week. I had an Experimental Design take home exam, that I spent about 15 hours on, and then the in-class exam took almost 3 1/2 hours, I then had to attend and speak at Beta Gamma Sigma induction today, which is the business equivalent to Phi Beta Kappa, so to say I am exhausted an a bit brain burned is an understatement. But I am going to spend the rest of the evening on the couch watching really bad reality TV!! That is all for now!!!

Great to see you have the time to "Blog" and we enjoyed your time in Tulsa.
ReplyDelete