
Well I would love to say that I spent my birthday with friends, shopping, having some wine, or anything besides studying, but that is not the case. I have been in massive study mode all weekend, except for a few detours here and there. I am preparing for my last set of finals ever. But for some reason, I believe they might be my hardest. I have a in-class exam on Tuesday, it is a three hour written exam over anything in the class. Only two question... so to say it is terrifying is an understatement. For my birthday my cohort members created a "Tori's vomit index" because I always get so nervous before things like this... I tried to scan it, but it would not post... so, lets just say I am at the "Stage 4" which is the worst. I hate ambiguity and this is the most I have ever had on an exam. But I am trying to stay positive and just keep studying. After that exam, I will receive a take home exam in my Experimental Design class on Weds due the following Weds, and then I have two 20-30 page papers due next Tues. But then I am done!!! They say there are three major milestones when you are in a Ph.D. and the first is completing your coursework... So I almost have one done. I am super excited about that!!! Just need to make it there!
But I do not want this post to seem to depressing, I did receive some great birthday messages from all my friends and family and even a few gifts in the mail! What girl does not like getting presents! Also, two of my friends were nice enough to take me out last night for my birthday... They gave up precious study time and we went out to Sonoma, a wine bar and had a fantastic meal. I cannot thank them enough for taking me out and celebrating!
So 2 weeks from now, I will be spending my last night in this house and moving on the 17th, I cannot wait!!! I could not have pulled everything off, the moving, the changing of all the bills, and everything without my mom... She has been great! There is a lot left to do, but I will be able to get it done! I am ready for a fresh start!

No comments:
Post a Comment