Thursday, May 6, 2010

Well last night as I was headed to bed I was feeling a little defeated... Please know, I recognize that I have done a lot over the last few weeks, but I still have quite a few more things to do by Tuesday. So I took the night off, and that is sometimes not a good idea, since a Ph.D. program is a lot of guilt... there is something you always could potentially be working on... Anyway, I was having an off night and just tired... I think I had really after 8 years, I had finally hit my limit but of course, like any good Ph.D. I checked my e-mail from my I-Phone minutes before I turned off the light and I received this e-mail...

Professor McKee,

I just wanted to write you a little note and tell you that you are a great professor. I cannot remember a time in my college career that I have had so much fun and learned so much in a class. You are a very influential teacher and your teaching style is AMAZING! The people from past semester that said that is wasn't are CRAZY! As I end my college career, I wouldn't want to end it any other way then in your class. Thank you so much for making learning fun!

Good luck on all your finals and the future!

Thank you again!


Then I realized... This is what it is all about... and I went to sleep really happy and feel as though I can make it through these last few days!!!

1 comment:

  1. The note from your student says it all;even though I am prejudiced I know you are a great professor; "Do what you love & Love what you do!"
    Mom & Michael

    ReplyDelete