Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Spring Break till the Present!




So I left off my last post around St. Patrick's day, which was my Spring Break. At the beginning of my Spring Break I went with Seth to Houston. One of my best friends lives there so I got to spend some quality time with her and catch up. We stayed around the Galleria, so I got some major shopping done. Seth also has family in the area so it was a nice break. I then spent the rest of the break home in Oklahoma. When I returned from SB I was pretty much just working on school stuff and teaching Leadership. I really enjoyed my students this semester... Maybe it was because they were nice enough to laugh at my really bad jokes :-) Next big event was my birthday! And if you know my family... Especially if you knew my Nanny, birthday's are always important. So as a gift to myself and an avid DC cupcakes fan I ordered DC cupcakes for my birthday... They were sooo good!








I also hosted a small party, which I had a great time at, but started to get sick with laryngitis... Which would then last for another week :-( But the great thing about my party, as one of my friends pointed out was that each of the people who came I had met at a completely different stage in my life. So I thought that was pretty interesting- (one from kindergarten, high school, collage, my 1st year here, and my second)... Everyone got a long great and we had a fun night! On my actual birthday I had to teach but my student brought me a card and handed out little goodie bags to the class! On the way to class I received a video from Maggie (3) and Henny (1 1/2) it definitely made my day.... Or should I say made my cry, but it a great birthday way.




After my birthday the semester was almost over so I finished up with finals and returned to Tulsa to celebrate Maggie's 3rd birthday. We had a great time and I got to spend a lot of time with my family and the Harpers. Below is a collage of pictures, on the left is Maggie on her special day... We went to get pedicures and manicures... I have never seen a 3 year old take the process so seriously, but I think she is a diva in training. On the right is Maggie and I on her 3rd birthday at the music play place. Below are pictures of Henry and I on Christmas and then Henry sporting his new suit for our pool!


Now, I am back in business and all caught up. My mom came down and we did a major cleaning session because and organized life is an organized mind... Or so they say. It was great to spend time with my mom and also feel really productive. I have now met with my dissertation chair and am starting the process of my dissertation, it will be a long road but I have a lot of great support. I start teaching Leadership in June. I am excited though because I have been working on my Vita (aka Resume) and have a lot of fun events coming up! One night my friend Katie and I are participating in an art class called Painting with a Twist (it is supposed to be for people who cannot draw) so I said sign me up! Also, my friend since 6th grade is visiting for a wedding and finally my cousin Laurie is headed to the great state of Texas to spend time with me... I know I would be scared... But I am already making lists of fun things to do. When I was about her age I few to Seattle and stayed with all my cousins. It was life changing in a way because I got to really know part of my family that I otherwise do not get to see very often and also I gained a lot of independence on that trip ( Thanks Rhonda!) So I am just hoping to make her visit as special as mine. That is all for now, promise to keep up my blogging more... But how could I not with this new cute layout!









No comments:

Post a Comment